Re: Clueless users are bad for debian (was Let's CENSOR it!)

On Sun, Mar 28, 1999 at 12:03:16PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > So where's the apt front end for the console?
>
> dselect.
>
> it works,

(somewhat)

> it's cool.

if you don't mind the ways in which it is totally brain dead.  (I know
dselect's advantages, but there are an awful lot of things the program
doesn't do or doesn't do right.  I use it at least once a day.)

> it takes a bit of getting used to, but once you
> have it is great.

I want a real search.  I also would prefer a tree.  And the seperation by
priority and the lack of a way to save many of the settings is
frustrating.

All of that said, I'm glad Ian is working on the beast again.  It needs a
serious overhaul and he's the only one who's really suited to it.

> if only apt could do purges as well as removes....

Indeed!  I must remember to bug Culus about this more often.  ;>

I did it just to piss you off.  :-P
        -- Branden Robinson in a message to debian-devel