Re: getting espeakup working with LVM encryption on boot using cryptsetup

    Nick> Hi, What is wrong with a process from the initial ramdisk
    Nick> image running in the main system

That process will access the initrd filesystem rather than the root
filesystem.
I think that the kernel also tries to free the initrd when it is no
longer accessed, and a process that still exists with its root pointing
at the initrd will impact that (I don't actually know if the kernel
still does that).

If you install a new version of espeakup, or reconfigure espeakup, and
do not rebuild the initrd,  you will end up with the old version.

This list appears to serve two purposes.  It's a place where people
working on Accessibility talk to each other as developers.  It's also a
place where users of that accessibility ask questions.  The questions
I've answered were effectively developer questions: what would be
involved in doing this and what are the implications.  I'm reading this
list mostly in a developer capacity.  I'll let people reading more in a
user capacity answer the rest of your questions.