XEmacs-binary? GNU-Emacs problem!

Dear Thomas,

> is there anyone out there, who can tell me where to find an
> alpha-binary version/package of XEmacs. I tried to compile it myself,
> but went out of memory when I tried to link the object files.
> (emacs: eight megs and constantly swapping ;-) )

I made a set of xemacs packages a while ago, available at

ftp://ftp.ens-lyon.fr/pub/users/LIP/krisrose/Debian/Alpha/hamm/packages/

bug reports will be appreciated so that I can contribute it properly when I
am filtered through as a Debian developer (work in progress).

> btw.: Has anyone encountered problems with gnu-emacs in the
> hamm-alpha dist. The executable in my installation seems to hang from
> time to time, top and ps show that it's working but it does not
> respond to any keystroke or window-event. The problem is not regular
> sometimes it works fine for hours, sometimes I have to kill it right
> from the start. It doesn't seem to be an X problem either because it
> also happens on the vt.
> Any comments ?

I also had this happen for me with the distributed emacs.  Which kernel are
you running?

Cheers,
	Kristoffer
--
Kristoffer Høgsbro Rose, Ph.D., prof.associé  <Kristoffer.Rose@ENS-Lyon.FR>
Laboratoire de l'Informatique du Parallélisme  équipe PLUME, bureau LR5-026