Re: Potato "testing"

On 20/1/2000 Ben Gertzfield wrote:

I believe Red Hat does something similar to this by default with
su; why can't we set up ours to do this? I know this is one
of the #1 questions I get from Debian users..

actually redhat wrote a pam module to take care of this, its called pam_xauth.so

what it does is check ~/.xauth/ for a export file and sees if the target user is allowed to get keys and if so the cookie is added to the target user's .Xauthority, when the session closes the cookie is removed.

Ethan