Re: Bulgarian additions to Debian

On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 10:33:39AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
|On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 02:17:00PM +0200, Pavel Cholakov wrote:
|> I have prepared several packages for easing Bulgarian users of Debian.
|> Actually they are cyrillic keyboard support for console and XF86 and some
|> Type1 fonts. Could these make it into Debian?
|>
|> P.S. I'm not subscribed to deban-devel. Please CC to me replies
|
|Debian has just gone into freeze for our next release (2.2), but such
|packages could go into the subsequent release, codenamed "Woody".
|
|If you are not a Debian maintainer, you will need to become one, or find a
|sponsor if our new-maintainer team doesn't reopen the application process
|soon.
|
|While you're waiting, you should catch up on the mailing list archives for
|the Debian Policy group.  At the end of December I made a bunch of
|proposals about what packages relating to the X Window System should do.
|
|<http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-policy-9912/threads.html>

Hi!

I am one of the users of these packages.  I think for now the author
should put them in the unofficial apt sources list available at:
http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/debian/apt-sources/

The upstream author of the package ftp://lml.bas.bg/home/anton/ is also
Debian user and probably he would like to be a maintainer or find a
sponsor. I think this depends on his free time.

--JS