Re: Consistant Keyboard Configuration (was Re: Another packages wishlist)

On Mon, Mar 06, 2000 at 10:47:54PM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> Sorry to drag out your least favourite thread, Branden, but I've read
> the FAQ, and it doesn't seem to be working. 'xev' confirms that delete
> and backspace do the right thing, but xterm still thinks backspace is
> ^H, as does xemacs-run-in-an-xterm.
[...]

Then, as I said in my message to my least favorite thread, it is a problem
with the event translations.

> jules@pear [7] xrdb -query -all
>
> [nothing]
>
> I'm at my wit's end here... any pointers?

That is your smoking gun.  For some reason all your Xresources have been
clobbered.  There are many places this could have happened, but they're all
conffiles or user files, so all I can do is tell you to grep for xrdb.
Start in /etc/X11/* and $HOME.

A command like:

xrdb load /dev/null

would certainly accomplish the result you described.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |     A committee is a life form with six or
Debian GNU/Linux               |     more legs and no brain.