Re: Consistant Keyboard Configuration (was Re: Another packages wishlist)

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 04:40:12PM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> The problem in fact turned out to be that the stuff in
> /etc/X11/Xsession which groks the /etc/X11/Xresources directory is
> relatively new,
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Time to break out the flashlights and the moving trains.  This transition
occurred over a year ago.

> and my /etc/X11/Xsession had been diverted by some
> copy of kdebase which I installed a while ago, and had long since
> purged (but it naughtily didn't clean up the diversion in the removal
> scripts).

Another reason why kdm should be split from kdebase, and another reason
people should be assiduous about filing bugs against the KDE packages.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |      We either learn from history or,
Debian GNU/Linux               |      uh, well, something bad will happen.