Re: The nature of unstable (was: Danger Will Robinson! Danger!)

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 11:18:49PM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 07:07:51AM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 09:03:18PM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > > i haven't yet decided what to do about vtun. i'll probably get around
> > > to upgrading it to the latest version one day, but i made a mistake
> > > packaging it in the first place - i thought it would be useful, but i
> > > don't even use it any more.
> >
> > Hmm. I don't see this on the list of orphaned packages.
>
> try reading the words in front of you. i have not yet decided what i'm
> going to do about vtun. i will probably upgrade it to the latest version
> one day. if someone wants to take it over or do an NMU before i get
> around to it then they should feel free to do so.

How would people know that if it's not on the list? If you put it on the
list and then change your mind, you can take it off. If you orphan it
and later decide you want to upgrade it, *you* can do an NMU. But by
doing nothing you make it very difficult for other people to maintain
your package for you.

--
Mike Stone