Re: The nature of unstable (was: Danger Will Robinson! Danger!)

[ ok I'll keep calm this time ]

Le Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 09:03:18PM +1100, Craig Sanders écrivait:
> right. one of them for a package (spamdb) which doesn't even exist
> anymore so it's a bit difficult to see how it could be "release
> critical".

That's possible, but then it would be great if you could close all the
bugs related to spamdb so that they won't burden us anymore ...

> two of them for the same package (vtun). again, they hardly seem
> "release critical"

Then it's your job to lower the priority and/or to close them.

I don't want more from maintainer, I just want that they do what they have
to and it's not that much ... it's not difficult to check once a week your
page on the BTS.

> most of the rest have actually been fixed, but i must have got the BTS
> syntax wrong when closing the bugs in the changelog.

The same problem applies to many developers, but that must change, when a
bug is gone, it must be closed in the BTS or the BTS will be worthless
one day or another.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/