Re: RC-bugs, horizons and all that...

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 05:38:06PM +0200, Christian Surchi wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 05:24:41PM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:
>
> > We do have more than a hundred that are *less* than three weeks old!
> > Where do they all come from?
>
> Many people switch to unstable only after the freeze, so several bugs go
> out, IMHO. I think we must help people using unstable, ONLY for non
> critical applications. I mean cdimage, even if not perfectly working, out
> soon and locally available.

I'll second this.
People take unstable to be unstable (and therefore probably not usable enough)
while frozen implies near release quality, which will more or less work
with a few rough edges that will be worked out RSN.

I think if we want RC bugs to turn up sooner then we may well have to
resort to the BSD style snapshots, in order to get the unstable out to
those people who don't have a T1.

Coordinating things will be the fun part. To find a time that most things
work and dump that to a cd which distributers can put around to those
who would love to give it a go but can't because they can't get a hold
of it.

Stuart