Re: Fed up by Lazarus Long ...

On Mon 10 Apr 2000, Christian Kurz wrote:
> On 00-04-09 Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> > 	You can also prolly reach him at another address using dynamic
> > DNS lazarus@overdue.ompages.com ... I maintain ompages.com's dynamic DNS
> > server and the whois server (whois.ompages.com) shows him online with
> > his ompages.com address...
>
> Great and where in the bug-reports is this address mentioned? He only
> uses the overdue.dhis.net-address and as there's no reply-to set, a
> maintainer will answer to this address. So it's up to the bug-submitter
> to make sure, that the report is send with an from or reply-to-header
> which includes a correct address under where is reachable. I can't be
> the job of the maintainer to figure out, how to contact the submitter.

It would be cool if the BTS notices bounces from the acknowledgement
report it sends upon receipt of a bug report, and in that case at the
least makes a note of that fact (in extreme cases, where one address
reports a number of bugs and it always bounces, the bugs could be moved
to the bozo bin; good in case of spam, for example).

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/