gphoto wow!

I am still in the process of 'building' my potato box
up with software.  Last night I downloaded gphoto and
installed it (via apt-get).  After figuring out that I
had to add my user account to the dialout group to
access /dev/ttyS0 it worked fine with my olympus 340R
camera (which wasn't in the camera list, but the 340L
settings worked just fine).  In fact gphoto has more
functionality than the windows software that came with
the camera!  I can even program the camera and take
pictures under computer control!  How about that!
This and the gimp are two programs that are BETTER
than their windows conterparts.  Linux rules!

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....