Re: sponsor(s) needed for emelfm, upx, libucl

On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 05:03:21PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> Sure. UPX creates new binaries, including an executable header (which is
> under GPL) and the compressed contents of the real executable. But there
> are some limitations regarding the compression of non-GPL-programs with
> an modified version of UPX.

It's how Debian and RMS would interpret the conditions of the GPL - if you're
going to link (which, as they say, this is a special form of) with a GPL'ed
library (the UPX stub) then the program must be GPL.

> this. So the user should better read the original license before using
> this tool and for this reason I would place it in the non-free section.

But that's true for libreadline-dev, and for the exact same reasons.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
Only a nerd would worry about wrong parentheses with