Re: USB-backport 2.3.x for 2.2.14 in potato

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 01:08:44AM +0200, Michael Vogt wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 09:45:18PM -0500, Adam Keys wrote:
> > Next question: is the backport kernel-specific?  It's not nice to limit people
> > to specific kernels IMHO.  From what I gather, a kernel patch could be
> > packaged, and that could depend on a specific kernel source (?).  Still don't
> > like tying people to a kernel though.
> I made a kernel-patch-2.2.14-usb debian package. It is avaiable at
> http://members.xoom.com/mydebs/debian/usb.
> I would like to pack precompiled modules and the usbd as well. Is someone
> else working on this? If not, what is the best way to pack a kernel-modules
> package?
  Not quite, but in a semi-related note I just collected all the proper
device nodes for USB.  I'll send a list of new nodes to the makedev
maintainer later.  For those wanting to play before this information gets
added properly to makedev, the information is at
http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.devices.txt.
  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org