Re: OT to Debian [Was: RFC/ITP: Constitution of Finland]

Fabrizio Polacco <fpolacco@debian.org> writes:
> The need of putting the "data" at the distribution level, comes from the
> different "scope" of the "data".
> What would be the purpose of "freezing" the bible?

     It is possible that, at some time, the one or both of the binary
programs in the bible-kjv package would be rewritten to use a
different format.  This would require that the bible-kjv-text package
be updated to the new format.  In such cases data files that are
formatted for a specialized access program have some of the
characteristics of binaries.

> What would be the utility of not permitting new entry in the package
> "weekly-news" for the 3 or 4 months of the freeze?

     Is there a package "weekly-news"?  I can't locate it.  If there
were such a package, it would be pointless to freeze it.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@debian.org>