Re: md5sums in deb

Wichert Akkerman writes:

> Because the maintainers of those packages know that adding those
> md5sums doesn't give you any extra security at all.

md5sums are also useful if you want to check whether or not you have a
corrupted download, right? I would imagine libc is also on that list,
and it's pretty big to fetch over a dial-up connection just to check.

--
There is no TRUTH. There is no REALITY. There is no CONSISTENCY. There
are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS. I'm very probably wrong. -- BSD fortune(6)