Re: md5sums in deb

Previously Decklin Foster wrote:
> md5sums are also useful if you want to check whether or not you have a
> corrupted download, right? I would imagine libc is also on that list,
> and it's pretty big to fetch over a dial-up connection just to check.

No, useless, If the download is corrupted you'll extract corrupted
md5sums as well, if you can extract them at all. apt will already
check the m5dsum of the downloaded package for you using the md5sum
listed in the Packages file.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |