Re: preserving window manager selection on upgrades.

[There is no need to CC me on this thread, I read -devel]

On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 09:54:09PM -0500, Jesse Jacobsen wrote:
> Sorry to nose into a thread here... but the change to wm alternatives
> was a slight nuisance for me.  AFAICT, under the alternatives system,
> there's no way to have a per-user setting for x-window-manager, is
> there?

echo 'PATH=$PATH:~/bin" > .bashrc
mkdir ~/bin
ln -s /usr/bin/X11/your-favorite-wm ~/bin/x-window-manager

--
G. Branden Robinson            |      I've made up my mind.  Don't try to
Debian GNU/Linux               |      confuse me with the facts.