Re: Let's not forget why many people use/contribute to Debian

> I get tired of hearing this argument. Using this goal, we might aswell
> start doing Debian/Windows and make it really easy.

Please - stop this nonsense. Both you and I know that you can't do
Debian/Windows, simply because the core you would rely on has sooo
much legal-red-tape wrapped around it, that you couldn't debianize
it; even if you would want to.

> The whole idea behind Linux is to do things right. Switching to
> Linux is already asking people to do things the free way, and not
> the commercial way.

That part is right, but it will make things a lot easier if people
had a wider choice of software and not just 100%-ideologically
correct software.

  Benedikt

BRAIN, n. An apparatus with which we think what we think.  That
  which distinguishes the man who is content to _be_ something from
  the man who wishes to _do_ something.  [...] In our civilization,
  and under our republican form of government, brain is so highly
  honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office.