Re: Let's not forget why many people use/contribute to Debian

On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 08:46:47AM +0000, Benedikt Eric Heinen wrote:
> > I get tired of hearing this argument. Using this goal, we might aswell
> > start doing Debian/Windows and make it really easy.
>
> Please - stop this nonsense. Both you and I know that you can't do
> Debian/Windows, simply because the core you would rely on has sooo
> much legal-red-tape wrapped around it, that you couldn't debianize
> it; even if you would want to.

Rubbish; You could easily do debian/windows, and it has been suggested
quite often.  The reason we haven't done it is mainly because we're
about free software, funnily enough.

It shouldn't pose any great troubles to compile dpkg on winNT, and
port many/most of the key packages using mingw32 or something like
that.

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable