Re: Crypto signing of packages

Bruce:
> I'd be OK with accepting PGP-signed communication from a maintainer
> regarding security matters, once that maintainer had been through
> our certification procedure. Of course this relies on maintainers
> not getting their keys compromised.

I'm afraid that this is not a realistic requirement.  Maintainers keys
_will_ be compromised.

We have either to live with the situation where anyone who can
compromise any maintainer's key can get trojan code into our
distribution, or we have to come up with a way of detecting and
dealing with maintainer key compromise.

There are tradeoffs here.

Ian.