Re: An alternative to deb-make Re: deb-make

Hi,

	I'm saving your message for deeper perusal when I'm less
 sleepy, but on a cursory glance, I liked what I read. I urge you to
 submit this to debian-devel as a formal proposal.

	I have a feature request already: does your tool have a
 no-exec option, so that one sees exactly the operation/actions *in
 sequence* before they take place, and be stored in a file for
 auditing?

	I'd also like helper utilities doing sub tasks that deb-make
 does, for example:
 a) find man pages under the Master directory, find pm files with
    pods, HTML files, texi files, info files, detect NEWS and
    changelog files, etc, and return lists of files found.
 b) Look at files under $(TMP)/usr/doc and return lists of gzippable
    files (>4KB, !*.html, or something)
 c) A utility that takes file list from a and makes usre that hte
    right thing is done (with a verbose/no-exec option),
 d) A utility to check c above? (make sure all man pages are in the
    right place, and compressed)
 e) I like deb-make, release, and bug, and dch from debmake. (It's
    mostly debstd I object to). Suitably modified, these utilities are
    (IMHO) essential.

	manoj

--
 "The picture's pretty bleak, gentlemen...  The world's climates are
 changing, the mammals are taking over, and we all have a brain about