Re: Problem with dpkg-source

Christoph:
> Please lets drop the requirement that dpkg-source -x cannot generate new
> directories in the archive. Remove those 3 lines that cripple dpkg-source
> and lets be done with it. The argument that generating new directories is
> not supported on some esoteric UNIXes and thus dpkg-source -x should not
> do it is not that important.

Very well, I'm convinced.  dpkg-source should be changed so that it
will itself create these directories as required when unpacking, so
that people will older versions of patch &c will still have it DTRT.

It's still necessary to check (for example) that the subdirectories
really are subdirectories, to avoid source packages being able to
overwrite randing things through symlinks &c.

Ian.