Re: On using Linuxconf

On Sun, 23 Feb 1997, Shaya Potter wrote:

> I am not trying to replace SysV init, I am just trying to give users more
> options.  Linuxconf is much more user friendly then plain SysV for
> starting and stoping programs, and is a very powerful admin tool as
> well.  I believe that it would be good for the distribution to include it.
>
> comments anyone,

	From what I've seen on this thread everybody agree to have linuxconf
iff it's :

1/ Optional and not installed by default.

2/ It's only an interface to 'update-rc.d' in the sence that all the init
stuff remains unchanged.

	So if it's what you're planning to do, I guess you can go ahead. _(:

		Cordialement,

--
-  vincent@debian.org     | RENARDIAS Vincent |          vincent@waw.com  -