Re: packaging HOWTO

On Sun, 23 Feb 1997, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

> While it seems debmake will be going away/mutating, my understanding is
> this is a few months down the line.  In the meantime, debmake is the
> easiest way to build packages so it should be used in this kind of
> introductory document.

IMHO, if the tools to build packages are going to change soon, it would
be better to wait until things settle down instead of showing people how
to use a tool that is going to be abandoned.
It wouldn't be good publicity to read complainings about how often we
change our package building procedure.
(Hey, we want those application developers out there to use deb format
for their packages. We must not show them a moving target.)

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental			Univ. de La Laguna