Re: tcsh completions

On Feb 24, Guy Maor wrote
> Vadim Vygonets <vadik@cs.huji.ac.il> writes:
>
> > There is a very nice file complete.tcsh coming with tcsh -- many
> > built-in completions etc.
>
> Put it in /usr/doc/tcsh/examples/ as the policy says.

Since I was the one who brougth this up, let me put in my Fl. 0.02. Most
Debian packages come out of the box with very reasonable defaults. Given
that its sophisticated completion is one of the most distinguishing features
of tcsh over csh, I think it is reasonable to enable a useful set of
completions by default, since this is what most tcsh users would expect.
One way to do this would be to have a /etc/tcsh.completions file, to be
sourced from csh.cshrc if ($?tcsh).

Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking