Re: tcsh completions

Dassen> On Feb 24, Guy Maor wrote
>> Vadim Vygonets <vadik@cs.huji.ac.il> writes:
>>
>> > There is a very nice file complete.tcsh coming with tcsh -- many
>> > built-in completions etc.
>>
>> Put it in /usr/doc/tcsh/examples/ as the policy says.

Dassen> Since I was the one who brougth this up, let me put in my
Dassen> Fl. 0.02. Most Debian packages come out of the box with very
Dassen> reasonable defaults. Given that its sophisticated completion
Dassen> is one of the most distinguishing features of tcsh over csh, I
Dassen> think it is reasonable to enable a useful set of completions
Dassen> by default, since this is what most tcsh users would expect.
Dassen> One way to do this would be to have a /etc/tcsh.completions
Dassen> file, to be sourced from csh.cshrc if ($?tcsh).

If these completions are ``standard'', I think it is more appropriate
to put complete.tcsh into /usr/<package>/lib.  I don't want static
files to clutter up my /etc directory.

--
Billy C.-M. Chow <cmchow@se.cuhk.edu.hk>
Department of Systems Engineering