Packaging plan (finally)

I am in the midst of finally packaging plan which, unfortunately, needs a
statically assigned uid and gid (I have passed this on as a bug to the
author). Reading the policy manual, it seems to me that I should choose
numbers between 60000 and 64999. Doing this is simple enough, but I am
confused how to this. Are these numbers reserved in the sense that
I have to apply for one? Is there a list of numbers within this range
already used? Thanks, Colin.

--
Colin Telmer, Institute of Intergovernmental Relations
School of Policy Studies Building, Room 309, Queen's University