debmake contains namespace pollution and bugs procedure

Christoph Lameter and I have been having a tussle over bug #7490 (also
#5682 reported by Owen Dunn).

In it I complained about debmake's namespace pollution.  Christoph
renamed 'done' and 'ok', but left
 uscan uupdate debi debc release todo build debpkg dch and debstdo

He closed the bug report without further discussion.  When I reopened
it he closed it again in a message saying:
> These are not bugs. If you want to have a public discussion post to
> debian-devel.

I have the following objections - two procedural, one technical:

1. A bug report should not be closed unless all the things in the
report have been addressed.  Christoph initially closed this bug
without addressing the complaint completely.  I had to go and
investigate the latest debmake package to determine whether to reopen
the bug.

2. If there is a disagreement about a bug report the bug should be
left open while the discussion about it takes place.  Otherwise the
issue might be forgotten.  If people agree with me on this it should
be made policy.

3. This namespace pollution _is_ a bug, and the consensus of those
commenting on it is that this is the case.  All these binaries should
be renamed to start with a common prefix.  I would object to the use
of the 'dpkg-' prefix.  I suggest 'debmk-'.

I shall reopen this bug while the discussion takes place.

Ian.