debian hamm problems

I upgraded to the latest hamm stuff as of last Monday or so;
now when I start up, my network script takes ages (like 5-10 minutes!)
to run. It gives a couple of "SIOCADDRT: Invalid parameter" messages,
which I think it always gave, a few minutes apart. It reads

#!      /bin/sh
ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
route add -net 127.0.0.0
IPADDR=203.14.18.4
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=203.14.18.0
BROADCAST=203.14.18.255
GATEWAY=203.14.18.6
ifconfig eth0 ${IPADDR} netmask ${NETMASK} broadcast ${BROADCAST}
route add -net ${NETWORK}
route add default gw ${GATEWAY} metric 1

which is just how it's read since I installed rex.

netbase is 3.00-1, netstd is 2.13-1.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.