Re: dpkg urgent wishlist : Delayed Configuration override

Hi,
	I have not yet completed my analysis of package ordering for
 Deity, but speaking from the view point of my working prototype
 pkg-order, it is trivial to introduce a "configure now" flag into the
 package ordering mechanism there, and involves less change than the
 post unpack proposal from Jason.

	I have no firm idea whether this would continue to be this
 easy for the Deity implementation (which is, after all, going to be a
 totally different implementation in a totally different language).

	I do not think we need implement this flag for dependency
 issues, but down time requirements may well need a "configure now"
 flag  (watchdog?).

	Oh, I'd be grateful for any input people have about package
 ordering issues. (thanks, Christoph, for bringing this up).

	manoj
 considering the implications of the double negative in his sig
--
 "Taxes?  We don't need no stinking taxes." Jeff Daiell