Re: Rules of discourse for the mailing lists

Hmm. I am not subscribed to debian-devel since I read it via usenet
(public nntp server available at news.fuller.edu). I am only subscribed
to debian-private. The rest comes in via usenet.

Technical competent ... I think we need more regular folks as
debian developers who can remind us "professionals" that the software
produced has to be easy to use without months of study of documents in
obscure locations.

In article <[🔎] 3444F506.F1057E54@ForeverMail.com> you wrote:
: Ian Jackson wrote:
: >
: > I have strong reservations about the ideas that are being floated
: > about in this thread.
: >
: > debian-devel is supposed to be a technical mailing list for
: > technically competent people.  It is also very high volume and with a
: > high number of subscribers.

: Mmm...I am not a competent guy and maintaining around 10 packages,
: should I unsubscribe from this list?  If so, I have to let someone take
: over all my packages because all debian developers are required to
: subscribe this list.