Re: Problems with getpwnam(), rxvt, utmp...

On 15 Oct, ioannis@flinet.com wrote:
>  On my libc6 system, when I use getpwuid() to get a passwd struct, the
>  struct fields are always displaced by one. That is, I dereference
>  pw_dir, but I get pw_gecos instead, and when I dereference pw_passwd I get
>  pw_name, and so on.
>  Now that I think about it, maybe the objc binary was not
>  pure and it had both libc5 and libc6 components in it; do not remember what
>  ldd said 10 days ago, but nothing too obvious thought. I spend HOURS
>  to pinpoint the problem, so I moved straight to a libc5 machine because
>  everything over there was working correctly.

My objc binaries ARE pure glibc6 because I recompiled myself
everithing apart from gcc (but the one in hamm is libc6!).
Note that everything works allright from the console or from
an xterm...

* Federico Di Gregorio  |  /      *-=$< ;-) TeX Wizard?            *
* Debian developer!     | / -1    pgp: finger fog@perosa.alpcom.it *
* <friend of penguins>  |/        try http://www.debian.org        *
******************DE 9E B2 75 B4 F6 CC 5B  C3 D5 71 51 04 AB F3 B2**