Re: Problems with getpwnam(), rxvt, utmp...

Federico Di Gregorio <fog@perosa.alpcom.it> writes:

> 	Then I remembered that dpkg-buildpackage tell me
> something about w/utmp being not set if runned from rxvt...
> maybe is the same problem but only glibc2 reacts worse
> than dpkg-buildpackage?

That's simply a bug in dpkg-buildpackage's scripts which is unrelated.
dpkg 1.4.1.2 has fixed it incidentally.

The problem was that getlogin() was being called by every script to
determine who is on the console.  A few scripts dup stdin and exec
something else (dpkg-parsechanelog is one).  stdin is not a tty then.
The solution was to put that getlogin code in a function and only call
it when needed.

Guy