Re: prepackaged Debian GNU/Linux

> Tim Sailer wrote:
> > Joey Hess wrote:
> > > My vote for a shirt is for the silouette of a Gnu and a Penguin looking at
> > > one another
> > > (http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-logo/profile/jhe06.html)
> > > It's currently the third most popular logo, and variations make up 4 of the
> > > top 10 logos.
> >
> > Thats not bad. And it's 1 color, so it should be fairly cheap.
>
> Another idea I had this morning was a list of debian developers' names under
> the logo. Personally, I think it'd be sorta neat looking. If we could fit
> them all in..

Uhm. Uhm.

There's something with that. I don't know, but I _feel_ there
is a problem comming up soon. Why cannot I remember what it was....
Lemme think. Names... debian-developpers... Printing...

Yah, it's on the tip of my tongue....

Right!  I've got it!

The problem with that is called "copyright" (or was it "licence")?
Yes, that's it. I remember a discussion on debian-devel recently.
Some people don't want their name distributed. Or they don't want the
list in which their name appears to be mutulated. And how are you
going to guarantee your t-shirt isn't gonna get bad tomato-sauce stains?
Or, get holes in it? Nah, there's no way you can make a T-shirt
with the names of debian developpers this way.

Pity, though.

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org

2+2=5, for extremly large values of 2.