Re: prepackaged Debian GNU/Linux

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, joost witteveen wrote:

> The problem with that is called "copyright" (or was it "licence")?
> Yes, that's it. I remember a discussion on debian-devel recently.
> Some people don't want their name distributed. Or they don't want the
> list in which their name appears to be mutulated. And how are you
> going to guarantee your t-shirt isn't gonna get bad tomato-sauce stains?
> Or, get holes in it? Nah, there's no way you can make a T-shirt
> with the names of debian developpers this way.

ROTFL, but the only real argument was about the e-mail addresses being
distributed, not the names.

BTW, what about this file:
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/indices/Maintainers
Just execute some real simple utilities on this file (like sed and sort)
and you have a list of e-mail addresses of all Debian maintainers.

> --
> joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org
>
> 2+2=5, for extremly large values of 2.

ROTFL, again