Re: Rules of discourse for the mailing lists

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> From: ioannis@flinet.com
> > "Members may express their opinions and speak freely to one another
> > within the bounds of politeness and respect. Contractive criticism and
> > dialogues are acceptable; however, obscenities, or forms of eloquence at
> > the expense of the dignity of others must be restrained. We do not imply
> > that such have occurred in the past, simply, we like to prevent the
> > unpleasant."
>
> You missed a "not" in the last sentence.
>
> I think there's something already there in the policy manual about the
> rules of discourse, isn't there?

No, the Policy Manual currently does not cover these topics. I suggest
that we discuss this sometime (on debian-devel or debian-policy) and have
it added to the Debian Developers Reference.

(Or are you thinking of the `text on the price of participation' you
posted to debian-policy some time ago? I'm planning to integrate this to
the Dev Ref too.)

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com
                  schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

                PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA

 CS Software goes online! Visit our new home page at
 	                                     http://www.schwarz-online.com