Re: No Debian/MIPS (was: More Linux/SGI status) (fwd)

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> It would be really nice if we _could_ develop a MIPS port for Debian, but
> nobody can get their hands on a kernel! I hear SGI Octanes run OK, but
> do you know what an Octane costs? I have Octanes at work, they are

Hmm?

Quoted from: "http://www.linux.sgi.com/goals.html":

Currently, only Indys are supported. In the long term, we would like to
see more extensive SGI platform support. Ports to newer hardware like
O2(TM), OCTANE(TM), and Origin(TM), and even to old hardware like R3000
Indigo(TM).

I agree with you that SGI hardware is usually expensive, however Indys are
pretty common computers (much more than Alpha (At least here ;)).

--
-  vincent@debian.org     | RENARDIAS Vincent |          vincent@waw.com  -