Re: mentors for new maintainers

>   What, and no payment from the students! I say, not a pleasant notion!
>
>   Perhaps, I am not accustomed to think of Igor dedicating effort
> and knowledge to a mentor class, as he is set out to do, and instruct for
> no payment. You see, there is a greater benefit to Debian when those students
> who are now so eager to learn from a teacher are compelled to pay for their
> education. IT IS NOT TO BE FREE.
>
> Yes, and they should pay. And the form of payment will be this:
> once the students completed their course of study, each of them shall
> commit themselves and become instruction of others, the mentors for the
> next classes. And therefore, the school starts now, but will last for ever.

I disagree. We should not force anyone to do mentoring.  This is a volunteer
project after all :-).  People should do whatever they think is their best
contribution to Debian.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@digicron.com