Re: [off topic?] NBSD - Not-So-Bad Distribution

Igor Grobman wrote:

> > The Not-So-Bad Distribution page is at
> > http://www.bell-labs.com/project/nsbd/
> >
> > I don't know if this has been discussed before.  Are there problems with
> > rolling something like this into dselect?
>
> wow! this sounds like exactly what we wanted for a secure distribution system.
> It is also GPL'd.
>
> Anyone feel like packaging the beast? I have too much time already committed
> to my own packages, install doc and FAQ.

I'd love to take up its package maintenance.  But have a comment -

* It needs Tcl/Tk.  This is probably not a good option for a replacement
for core dselect.  We could perhaps use this as an add-on for dselect.

S.
--
           "Singing is the lowest form of communication."
                        -- Homer J. Simpson