Re: [off topic?] NBSD - Not-So-Bad Distribution

> > wow! this sounds like exactly what we wanted for a secure distribution system.
> > It is also GPL'd.
> >
> > Anyone feel like packaging the beast? I have too much time already committed
> > to my own packages, install doc and FAQ.
>
> I'd love to take up its package maintenance.  But have a comment -
>
> * It needs Tcl/Tk.  This is probably not a good option for a replacement
> for core dselect.  We could perhaps use this as an add-on for dselect.

Hmm... I didn't read NBSD's description carefully enough.

No, I was proposing to have this as our authentication system, but not
replacement for dselect (that's deity). TCL/TK frontend is not likely to be
useful for Debian.  Dpkg needs to be modified to support NBSD or we won't get
anywhere.  For now, it could be useful to just package the whole thing, so that
developers can see how it works.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@digicron.com