Re: Uploaded man-db 2.3.10-61 (source i386) for unstable

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998 fpolacco@icenet.fi wrote:

> > > In fact what I needed was a solution thet could work also on bo, and I
> > > know that none of those pagers is available in bo-unstable.
> >
> > I don't think we should care that much about bo-unstable here. After all,
> > there is no official policy to have every program portable to bo-unstable.
> > We should not accept `bad' solutions in our packages just to make them fit
> > into bo-unstable.
> >
> > Therefore, I'd suggest you remove the "man-pager" hack again, and add an
> > appropriate "Depends: base-files (>= xx.yy)" to the package, and just
> > don't upload this to bo-unstable.
> >
> > Is this ok with you?
> >

> No, I have to care about bo-unstable.
> A magazine went out with a "bo-on-the-edge" and using the newer man on a
> fresh bo install is the perfect way to dive into the "pager" problem.
>
> And I don't think that the Depends line would be correct, because man
> doesn't depend on "more".

Oh, I meant an depends on base-files of a new version, which would
guarantee that /usr/bin/pager is available, right?

Anways, util-linux seems to install more and is also tagged
Essential--both, in hamm and in bo. So why not just fall back to /bin/more?

Cheers,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
Do you know         schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian GNU/Linux?    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.debian.org   http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/