Re: why ddd-?motif are gone from archive?

Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@wi.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

| Probably because there now is a ddd package which uses lesstif. No need
| to bother with the non-free motif anymore.

Are you sure there's no need to bother? At least the past
versions of ddd packages that have used lesstif have been so
unstable that they have been practically unusable. At least for
me. Since the last attempt(the last attempt was some libc6
version, but I've had similar experiences with libc5 versions
earlier) I switched to ddd-smotif and it has been rock solid. If
ddd-smotif is dropped completely, I sincerely hope that someone
has fixed the lesstif version.

PS. In addition to bugs, some of lesstif version's UI widgets
weren't functionally equivalent with motif version, if I
remember correctly.

//Hannu