Re: UNIX and ease of use

On Tue, Mar 03, 1998 at 03:03:19PM -0600, john@dhh.gt.org wrote:

> Because it wants to be a dialer as well as a configurator, and wants to be
> run without root privileges.  I tend to think of configuring a ppp
> connection as equivalent to configuring an ethernet connection,

Yes, so do I, which is why I wouldn't use anything other than
dial-on-demand. I don't see dialing as being any of the user's business.

A few months ago I'd have suggested that we made diald the standard way of
doing dialup networking on debian systems. Since PPP now has demand dialing
built in, perhaps that would be a better choice.