ddd/lesstif (was Re: why ddd-?motif are gone from archive?)

On Wed, Mar 04, 1998 at 12:39:00AM +0000, Mark Baker wrote:
> The latest version of lesstif seems to have fixed the one major bug that
> made almost any lesstif app completely unusable. I'm sure there are sitll
> many bugs in it, but with that serious bug ironed out things should be
> much much better than they were until recently.

There have indeed been severe problems in the latest LessTif release (0.82)
that showed up with DDD, Nedit and xmcd. In coordination with the LessTif
developers I decided to move the Debian version to lesstif-current (i.e.
"release of the day"). Several versions of -current went into
project/experimental because they were in violation of policy
(lesstif-current uses a new libtool based build system; the libtool version
it uses forced -rpath and didn't support inter-library dependencies).
Recently I succeeded in building a version of -current that did not violate
policy; it was put in unstable on Feb 25. With this version, the xmcd memory
leak is no longer reproducable, the DDD "edit preferences->OK" core dump is
gone, and the nedit/DDD locks X is reportedly gone too.

Please try DDD, nedit and xmcd with the new lesstif from unstable. If you
still have trouble, please try to find and describe as precisely as possible
a "recipe" for reproducing it.

Thanks,
Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking