Re: About names, or "are we really that unprofessional"

On Wed, Mar 04, 1998 at 11:14:42AM +0100, Tomislav Vujec wrote:
> Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > How much is it worth to win over a Windows user? We are not in it for
> > the money. Is it worth sacrificing the quality of the OS to win over
> > a Windows user? Frankly I think naming any piece of software
> > to meet the expected naming conventions of a Windows user IS a sacrific
> > in quality for the rest of us. As Manoj says, Unix has some character.
>
> It is not about money. We want to share Unix quality with others. It is

But is it an active share, or a passive share? Do we need to push
our product down Windows users' throats? I hate that. Or are we content
to let people find our product if they are looking, perhaps only
competing within the Linux or Unix market?

Hamish