Re: UNIX and ease of use

Rob Browning writes:
> I don't know the details, but how feasible would it be to make the
> necessary modifications so that all the relevant packages knew about
> wvdial?
> Then ppp related packages would just have to make sure they conform.

I don't understand what you mean by this.  Which packages?

> This is all of course assuming that wvdial does in fact work as well as
> it sounds.  I still haven't tried it.

I have.  It worked fine, but I don't care for the idea of keeping system
configuration data in the user's home directory and having the user
configure pppd.  It's ok for a user to request that a ppp link be brought
up or down, but configuring it is a system administration task and should
be done with a system administration tool.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)