Re: why ddd-?motif are gone from archive?

> Alex Yukhimets <aqy6633@acf5.nyu.edu> writes:
>
> > Does anyone has any idea why my ddd-?motif packages are gone from
> > hamm/contirb?
>
> Sorry, I removed it because I thought that it wasn't needed any more.
> You'll have to upload a new version.
>
> Guy

Hi.

I sure did that, but for the future...
I don't think that Motif packages (at least -dmotif part) should *ever* be
removed from the archive *even* if lesstif version is stable and fully
functional. They are for the users who happened to buy Motif for whatever
reason. (Like having 2.0.and 2.1 features not available in Lesstif).

And once again, I am about to start uploading both libc5-Motif2.0 AND
libc6-Motif2.1 versions of Motif packages. I think we need new naming
conventions in the policy. My proposition:

*-dmotif20 for libc5-based Motif2.0 linked packages
(those are called just *-dmotif now), and
*-dmotif for libc6-based Motif2.1 linked packages,
*-smotif for any statically linked package (preference should be given
to libc6-based Motif linkage, if possible).

Thanks.

Alex Y.
--
   _