Re: Can w3-el be precompiled?

Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> writes:
> Now that I look at it...  WHO THE FSCK TOLD ME IT DIDN'T SUPPORT
> EMACS19!  Okay, calm down.  Time for another minor release.

     I did!

     When I made a test upgrade on Fri, 8 May 1998, I selected w3-el,
emacs19 and emacs19-el.  According to the control file, w3-el Depends:
emacsen, make.  However, its compilation failed with the following
message:

: No usable version of the widget/custom libraries have been detected on
: your system.  This version of Emacs/W3 requires features present in
: newer versions of the widget library.
:
: Please upgrade to the latest version of custom available.  This
: package is included with Emacs 20.1 and XEmacs 20.3.

     Therefore I filed a bug saying that "w3-el should depend on {Emacs20
=>20.1|XEmacs20 =>20.3}, make."

Bob
--
   _