Re: upstreams maintainer conflict, was: wget: remove outdated manual page

On Sat, May 30, 1998 at 09:55:56AM +0300, Fabrizio Polacco wrote:
> > Slink is not highly unstable.  =>  At least, nothing I run out of it is.  My
> > sustem is froxen//unstable, so new packages are installed from whichever has
> > the newest package.
>
>  From Hrvoje's perspective it is. Consider that he isn't even a Debian User.
>  I said that to let him understand that he will not get complains from Debian
>  Users because of the wget in slink, not until we release hamm, because
>  "normal users" should not run slink.

No, as a rule slink works but you're right, people break things now and then
(ie the last major thing to be broken was bash for example) that we don't
want the avg. user mucking with.  But from a practical standpoint, beyond
those occasional oopses, slink is stable for what's currently in it.

> About the fact that you're running a mixed hamm/slink system, this is good
> because this way you can effectively help the testing process, but maybe it
> would be better to help test the full hamm, and wait some weeks to move to
> slink.

I moved to slink when more than one or two packages I needed from it were
not available in hamm.  Most everything I see coming across the system now
is frozen and unstable dists so it's no biggie.